Re: Best Practice: Inserting graphics with Captions in Framemaker 7.0

Subject: Re: Best Practice: Inserting graphics with Captions in Framemaker 7.0
From: David Neeley <dbneeley -at- oddpost -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 21:17:22 -0800 (PST)

Hi, Amy!

I'd generally suggest placing the graphics by reference rather than inserting into the document. That makes updating the graphics easier and keeps the primary file sizes much smaller, among other things.

As for the caption, one way I have done it is to do the callouts and captions of screen captures in SnagIt as part of the finished graphic so the result is somewhat easier to keep track of...but that was in a project with *many* graphics of the type. Otherwise, I'd probably opt for the table option.

David

-----Original Message from <Amy -dot- L -dot- Carlson -at- jci -dot- com>-----

Hello,

We have many large graphics that sometimes are wider than our text box
margins. We are trying to determine if we should insert these graphics in
an anchored frame into a single table cell with the title below, or if we
should draw a text box within the anchored frame and center the caption
that way. Does anyone have any insight as to which method is better?

Thanks,
Amy

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com