Re: Slightly OT: Illustrator Question

Subject: Re: Slightly OT: Illustrator Question
From: "Vanessa Agosta" <vagosta -at- mircom -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 12:41:59 -0500

I work with the same two products for my documentation. The only way I've managed to overcome this problem is to save the graphics as EPS files.

take care,
-Vanessa

>>> joanne grey <j_grey -at- writeangles -dot- com> 12/22/03 12:24PM >>>

Cross-posting to Framers and Techwr~l

Hello, good folks! I've checked the archives and found nothing that's
helpful. Maybe someone could help me out?

We get the illustrations for our docs in Illustrator 10.0.3 format (.ai
files). We're all on Frame 7 (Windows XP).

Until the switch from Frame 6 to Frame 7, the illustrations imported
perfectly, without the white space around the drawings themselves: only
the actual graphic imported.

Since moving to Frame 7, the files import as the entire size of the
Illustrator artboard, rather than the size of the graphic. Our
illustrator swears that he didn't change any settings.

Has anyone else had a problem with this, and is there a workaround other
than hiding the white space by making the anchored frame smaller?

Thanks in advance, as always, and happy holidays!

-joanne

joanne grey currently at Brocade
j_grey -at- writeangles -dot- com jgrey -at- brocade -dot- com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com