Re: Compiling Manual in MS Word

Subject: Re: Compiling Manual in MS Word
From: Anthony Davey <ant -at- ant-davey -dot- com>
To: Meenakshi Razdan <meenakshi_razdan -at- intersolutions -dot- stpn -dot- soft -dot- net>
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2004 13:39:41 +0000

Hi Meenakshi,

I'm doing the same thing with some installation and user guides at the moment. I've written one and the rest are all being done using "Save As" with the title of the next package; then I just change the bits that are different. If I were using FM, I'd do it the other way! (I think, as I'm not a regular Frame user.)

Best regards,
Ant

Meenakshi Razdan wrote:

Hi All,

I have received a requirement of preparing a set of Installation manuals.
In these installation manuals, first few topics will be more or less same
and the remaining manual will include the details of specific application.

If I create one manual for the common topics and other manual for specific module, is there any procedure in MS Word to compile the manuals in a single manual except the Insert > File procedure (so that formatting part is not affected ).

Or if somebody on the list has used some other procedure to achieve this
using MS Word 2000, please share.

TIA
Meenakshi