Re: How can technical documentation add value?

Subject: Re: How can technical documentation add value?
From: Peter Neilson <neilson -at- alltel -dot- net>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 01:28:43 -0500

This is a PS to my recent post. There's an antithesis to the
product that needs no documentation. For example, I was once
asked to write, for a "help" system that never saw light (thank
goodness), the Help System User's Manual.

On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 01:14:18 -0500, Peter Neilson <neilson -at- alltel -dot- net> wrote:

That early-design work, if done well, can even result in a product
for which no documentation is required at all. The customer does
not say, "Good documentation," but instead, "Good product."