Acrobat 5 - Repetitive Links

Subject: Acrobat 5 - Repetitive Links
From: "Pingram, Graham" <pingramg -at- bv -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM'" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 02:02:44 -0600

Hi -
Has any list member had experience of, or knows where I may get a solution
for, automatically generating a link (to Contents or 1st Page) on every page
of an Adobe .pdf document. Currently I originate documents in Word 2000 and
use Adobe PDF Maker to convert to .pdf. The book marks are generated
automatically, which is fine for navigating from the index to the body of
the document. What I need is a link (on every page) that takes the reader
back to the document index or other defined point. It can be done manually
(draw box - set link) but is horribly time consuming when you've 100 pages +
per document. Adobe have done something similar in the Help file that comes
with Acrobat.

The Adobe help file and web site are not much use - they reiterate how to
create a link manually and automate bookmarks. I have tried putting a
hyperlink in the Word Document Header (which is repeated on every page of
the word document) but when converted to .pdf the link only works on the 1st
page of the document, and appears as plain text in the rest of the document.

Any help gratefully received.............

Graham Pingram
Black & Veatch (pingramg -at- bv -dot- com)