RE: What's the definition of a published author

Subject: RE: What's the definition of a published author
From: "Downing, David" <DavidDowning -at- Users -dot- com>
To: <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 16:20:25 -0500

Responding to this a bit belatedly, I was under the impression -- which I realize could be mistaken -- that if you registered a work as an unpublished work, and then published it, you had to re-register in addition to providing the required copies. In any case, my concern was that if you accidentally changed a work's status from unpublished to published, and didn't take the required action, you'd lose whatever protection you got by registering it.