Re: Examining proficiency of job applicants in FrameMaker

Subject: Re: Examining proficiency of job applicants in FrameMaker
From: Peter <pnewman1 -at- optonline -dot- net>
To: cartoon grrl <sylviafan -at- juno -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 07:41:25 -0500

cartoon grrl wrote:

Good suggestion. I would add, ask them to explain when they'd use variables instead of conditional text, or when to use text insets (and the problems arising from their use).

cg
I'm not in denial, I'm just selective about the reality I choose to accept.
-Calvin and Hobbes
-- "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com> wrote:

Ask them to write a two-page section of a manual explaining how to use
FrameMaker's conditional text.

Why isn't it more important to verify their ability to organize and convey concepts? Tool use can be learned.

--
Peter

Sisyphus had it easy