RE: Writer's insurance question

Subject: RE: Writer's insurance question
From: Michael McCallister <Michae -dot- McCallister -at- msbinfo -dot- com>
To: 'Peter' <pnewman1 -at- optonline -dot- net>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 10:43:37 -0600

Peter wrote:

Have you tried the National Writers Union?
http://www.nwu.org/
While I don't see the advertising errors and omissions insurance,
perhaps someone there can give you guidance.

Unfortunately, the NWU is basically out of the insurance business at this
time. Until about a year and a half ago, we had a "media perils" insurance
that would cover this sort of thing, but the carrier dropped it and there
was no one to pick up the ball.

Nonetheless, I suspect that one of the NWU's contract advisors would be able
to help. And there are lots of other reasons for independent tech writers to
be a part of NWU, anyway.

Mike McCallister
NWU At-Large Unit steering committee (in his spare time)
This electronic message, along with any attachments, is intended only for
the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential
and/or privileged material. Any proprietary information or intellectual
property contained in this transmission remains the sole and exclusive
property of Marshall & Swift or Marshall & Swift/Boeckh. No right to use any
products or services described in this transmission is valid without an
executed and paid license agreement. If you received this in error, please
reply to advise sender and delete the material from any computer.