RE: OT offshoring

Subject: RE: OT offshoring
From: "T. Word Smith" <techwordsmith -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 12:02:58 -0800 (PST)

Think of it this way.

An approximately 6.7 scale earthquake hit Northridge
California a decade ago. About (I think) 60 people
died.

An earthquake of about 6.7 hit Iran last week. Upwards
of 25,000 died.

IOW, you really do know the answer. I'm not sure
pulling down our standard of living is the correct way
to handle this, but I rest assured that companies move
their product offshore to compete, to give their
products a lower price here and abroad (without a
reduction in quality), and not to pad CEO profits.

Globalism has landed. I don't think we can work out
the kinks on-list. My opinion, anyway.

--- whitedh <whitedh -at- comcast -dot- net> wrote:

> > Now, why is it that it is so expensive to live in
> America? Why do we
> > need to make more than $12/week to live?
>
> 1. Taxes, >
> 2. To pay the cost of transportation, food, housing,
> and medical expenses.>
> 3. To pay costs associated with educating our
> children, costs that are

=====
T.