RE: Em dash

Subject: RE: Em dash
From: Jon Konrath <Jon -at- datasynapse -dot- com>
To: John Posada <JPosada -at- isogon -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 18:28:00 -0500

> Here's another one for ya...I paste text via CTRL-V. Right
> over it, appears a little Clipboard icon...right over the
> text I pasted. What IS that thing and how do I make it go
> away forever?

It's the "Office Clipboard". It sortof saves you a step when you are
pasting something and aren't sure if you want to do a Paste or a Paste
Special. Click on it and it gives you options to "repaste" the text you
just pasted, like if you pasted HTML and then want to downgrade it to plain
text.

To change or disable it, open the Office Clipboard (Edit->Office Clipboard),
then click Options at the bottom, and select a different option, like
"Collect Without Showing Office Clipboard."

-Jon