Re: Giving TW help: Are we training our replacements?

Subject: Re: Giving TW help: Are we training our replacements?
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: Chuck Martin <cm -at- writeforyou -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 18:44:16 -0800

Chuck Martin wrote:

Bottom line: When answering pleas for help here, and in other online venues,
are we in some cases telling people how our jobs are done fundamentally,
people who are angling to take our jobs for lower pay, especially people who
are "offshore?"

If so, so what? Those jobs are going to be done off-shore anyway Whether they're done well or poorly doesn't matter - and certainly isn't going to be affected by whether you answer a question or not.

In my experience, doing a professional favor is never wasted. You don't always get the favor back from the one you help (and there are some selfish nithlings in the local writing and high-tech communities, let me tell you), but you'll often find that you get a favor back from someone else who hears of your decency. One way or another, it comes back to you.

http://members.axion.net/~bbyfield