Word: Bullets going awry

Subject: Word: Bullets going awry
From: lidgerding -at- comcast -dot- net
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 18:47:51 +0000

Hello, all :)

I've been lurking on this list for quite some time, so hello finally. :) Now, for my question...

I've created a template in Word 2002 and the bullets work fine if you use it to start a new document. However, if you apply it to an existing document, the bullet style changes from a dot to a big O.

I think I know why it is doing this: Word looks to the third bullet style in the Bullets and Numbering dialogue box to determine the type of bullet for the Bullet style. The style of bullet is different in the document than that which I set up in the template.

Is there any way that I can make the template overwrite what is in the document's settings in the Bullets and Numbering dialogue box?

I've created a new style called Bullet...would it be better to modify the built in style called List Bullet?

I hope this made sense! Thanks in advance for your help! :)

~Cassandra