Re: straw poll: do you type a command on, at, or in the command line?

Subject: Re: straw poll: do you type a command on, at, or in the command line?
From: "Ed Wurster" <eawurster -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 11:36:26 -0500

Elizabeth OShea wrote:
> "on the command line" = about 449,000 hits
> "at the command line" = about 69,400 hits
> "in the command line" = about 65,000 hits
>
> I don't consider 449,000 sufficiently large to be authoritative! What
> do Tech-WRLers think?

Context will have something to do with what's acceptable:

(step) 435. Open the command editor.
(step) 436. Type "run google /y \n :maybe"

However, since you are forcing me to vote:

"at the command line"

Ed

Ed Wurster

http://www.eWurster.com/blog/
Consulting, Programming and Maintenance
for Computer Systems and Networks
Training, Technical Writing and Web Design