RE: What level of censorship ...

Subject: RE: What level of censorship ...
From: "David Locke" <dlocke -at- texas -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 03:43:26 -0600

> And, if Adobe does decide to enforce the law, are they
> also going to stop me from scanning nude pictures

Yes, this is technically possible today.

I worked with a network administrator. He didn't like the term "personal
computer," because as he saw it, if it was hooked to his network, it was
his. What gets forgotten is that technical networks are control
technologies. The notion that governments cannot stop the Internet is nuts.
They allow it only because they gain from it.

Surveillance cameras are another control technology. They make us safer, but
at some cost.

If you really want to avoid control, write your own code.

David Locke