Re: Can you recommend a search tool we could attach to our html d ocumentation?

Subject: Re: Can you recommend a search tool we could attach to our html d ocumentation?
From: matthew_stern -at- kofax -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 17:45:57 -0700

> My understanding from the Deva Tools site is that it works directly
> from the Dreamweaver interface (or used to, anyway).

It still does. It installs as a Macromedia extension. There is a patch on
the
site that enables it to work with Dreamweaver MX.

Another search engine to try is Zoom Indexer by Wrensoft. It is a
JavaScript-based search engine, and it is fairly fast and easily
customizable. It is a stand-alone product, so you can use it with
Dreamweaver or any other HTML authoring tool.

Matthew Stern
Sr. Technical Writer
Kofax Image Products
A DICOM Group Company
Matthew_Stern -at- kofax -dot- com
http://www.kofax.com
http://www.matthewarnoldstern.com

The opinions expressed here are solely my own.