RE: Mini Survey: Who uses XML?

Subject: RE: Mini Survey: Who uses XML?
From: "John Posada" <JPosada -at- isogon -dot- com>
To: "France Baril" <France -dot- Baril -at- ixiasoft -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 15:45:37 -0500

France...I think you are missing my point. You work for an XML solution
vendor. This is EXACTLY the types of questions that vendor's use to
solicit leads. Suppose my response was that my company has 1,000 writers
and that we don't use XML. I shouldn't be concerned that my company is
not going to get passed to your marketing department...with the pitch
that "XML can increase our efficiency by 75%, thereby reducing the
amount of writers needed to perform the same results by 750 heads?"

Are you telling me that even though you work for a vendor of XML
solutions, you "..only hear about a few people
using it."? That doesn't say much for your company.

At the minimum, you should have included a disclaimer in your message
that it was for your own information and that all information would be
kept confidential.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Isogon Corporation