framemaker sgml question

Subject: framemaker sgml question
From: "Carol Chung" <cychung55 -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 14:53:27 -0800

Hi,

I'm investigating single-source documentation solutions. For my project,
I'll need to output to text/Excel spreadsheet and PDF.

I'm interested in either using XML source or Framemaker source and exporting
to SGML. My information needs to include hidden fields (analogous to MS
Word's hidden text). Does Framemaker SGML support this? In the output
SGML/XML, can you include hidden text which would normally not display in
the PDF?

If there is no hidden text feature, can you use conditional tags and output
a tag in the SGML format?

Thanks,
Carol

Learn how to choose, serve, and enjoy wine at Wine @ MSN. http://wine.msn.com/