RE: Documenting an XML format -- how much detail?

Subject: RE: Documenting an XML format -- how much detail?
From: "France Baril" <France -dot- Baril -at- ixiasoft -dot- com>
To: "Goober Writer" <gooberwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 11:51:40 -0500

Self documenting? I'd have to strongly disagree with you. When you have
many schemas or DTD to work with, it becomes hard to understand what the
purpose of each element is. I do not consider myself a newbie anymore,
and I must say that very often I spend a lot of time trying to figure
out the purpose of some schema or DTD elements, especially with large
DTDs or schemas.