RE: Online help and the elimination of the printed doc

Subject: RE: Online help and the elimination of the printed doc
From: Goober Writer <gooberwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "Goldstein, Dan" <DGoldstein -at- DeusTech -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 12:28:01 -0800 (PST)

> I think I understand your reasons for increasing the
> online help. But what are your reasons for reducing
> the printed documentation?

How about cost, or production time, or shipping
weight, or...

There are many reasons to ship less paper and more
electronic. A small minority will complain if you take
their bleached pulp away, but most won't care as long
as they do get info. If the minority complains loudly
enough, print on demand (and charge them).

This is not abnormal, and certainly isn't unreasonable.

=====
Goober Writer
(because life is too short to be inept)

"As soon as you hear the phrase "studies show",
immediately put a hand on your wallet and cover your groin."
-- Geoff Hart

We can't all be as creative with sigs as krautgrrl. ;-)