Re: doc release

Subject: Re: doc release
From: "Mike O." <obie1121 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 16:06:30 -0500

Bill Swallow wrote:
> I have to disagree with John... Although "ship" is a bad choice of term,
you
> still need to freeze a snapshot in time in order to deploy the
application.

You would think so, but don't underestimate the awesome power of inertia. In
practice, prototypes hang around until they turn into the development model,
which hangs around until it enters production. The "release date" is either
the date sales demands it, or the date everybody just gets sick of working
on it and moves on to the next thing.

Not that I agree with that methodology, but it happens.

Mike O.