RE: What I want to say....

Subject: RE: What I want to say....
From: kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 13:45:58 -0700

Challenging demands and unrealistic expectations - aren't those our stock
in trade?

With your attitude, you won't get the gig. Nobody's going to hire somebody
who tells them why what they want can't be done.

Bosses hire people who offer solutions. This boss has a problem. Whether
you want to take on the task of helping him or her solve it is up to you.
With your background, I'd say go for it.

If you really think the job can't be done, give it a miss. But if you
think you can do as good a job as any, take a shot. Particularly in
software, sometimes just getting SOMETHING done within the deadline is
better than the alternative: getting NOTHING done.

Good luck either way. And be happy you're forewarned. As somebody else
noted, this job description give you a MUCH better idea of what you're in
for than most. Far more often, people get hired for jobs that seem
reasonable, and then get demands like this dropped on them out of the
blue. I know I have!

Keith Cronin

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that
one's work is terribly important.
-Bertrand Russell