Re: Dictionary of Connotations

Subject: Re: Dictionary of Connotations
From: Goober Writer <gooberwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: dthomps -at- foundationsoft -dot- com, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 10:10:25 -0800 (PST)

> I have many, many online and hard copy dictionaries
> available. However, I'm
> doing some marketing writing, and I was wondering if
> anyone knows of a
> resource (hopefully online) for learning common
> connotations of words. For
> example, I'm thinking of using the word "easy" to
> describe our product ... dangerous ground?

Maybe. How cheap a date *is* your product? ;)

> Obviously, I know connotations will vary from group
> to group or person to person, but I'm looking for
> something that will at least make me think and
> consider my word choice from this angle.

Well, what about your product is "easy"? My suggestion
is to focus on what it does in detail rather than try
to sum it up in a word.

=====
Goober Writer
(because life is too short to be inept)

"As soon as you hear the phrase "studies show",
immediately put a hand on your wallet and cover your groin."
-- Geoff Hart

We can't all be as creative with sigs as krautgrrl. ;-)

http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/