Re: 3-variable modeling

Subject: Re: 3-variable modeling
From: "Dana Worley" <dana -at- campbellsci -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 09:03:15 -0700

On 22 Jan 2004 at 8:43, Paul Strasser wrote:

> I'd like some ideas on displaying three variables on a piece of paper
> in such a way that the result is as easy to comprehend as two
> variables are in your basic x-y axis graph.

I kind of like the bar chart idea (evil, Geoff? Really, that's a little
harsh :) Nixing that, you could go with a stacked bar or a stacked
area graph.

A stacked element would work well if the 3 values under
consideration, when added together, indicate some overall quality of
the subject (e.g., fielding, basing & hitting = the overall ability of a
baseball player).

Dana W.