PSP-specific question--vectors and fonts

Subject: PSP-specific question--vectors and fonts
From: "T. Word Smith" <techwordsmith -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 08:29:51 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I just downloaded PSP8, so am new and need a hand. Am
interested in it because it seems to have vector and
font support in it, but now that I'm using PSP, I'm
not seeing what I want.

Would someone help me by commenting on the following
situations:

1) I open a 4-layer EPS created from Adobe Illustrator
that has a text layer and embedded fonts. The result
in PSP8 is a 1-layer drawing and the fonts appear
rasterized.

I'd like the fonts to be embedded as fonts and on a
separate layer. Thoughts?

2) I open a new PSP document and create text. But,
unless I misunderstand, PSP seems to want to store the
text as vectors and not embedded text. How do I create
text in PSP and have it remain text?

3) I draw a curve, diagonal line, and a circle in PSP.
These seem to get rasterized on output--printing to
PDF or a real printer. I want these to be maintained
as vectors, how?

I appreciate any advice you can give.

=====
T.