Re: RE: LinuxWorld Show...where's the beef?

Subject: Re: RE: LinuxWorld Show...where's the beef?
From: pnewman1 -at- optonline -dot- net
To: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 13:54:11 -0500

> John: it's a curiosity. People want to know why Microsoft has the
> chutzpah to
> be there. It's not out of admiration or envy.

It was my observaton that the presence was mostly 3rd party vendors who were seling compatibility with MS. The MS reps I spoke to guys who were assisting folks with getting Unix and Linux to be compatiible with MS products.
Don't forget that MS plans to continue as a support company in a big way.

> It's too bad you didn't stop at the Oracle booth, or maybe the IBM
> or HP
> booths. Then you might have seen how Linux is being used commercially.

Primarily in the server and DB arenas.

Peter