RE: LinuxWorld Show...where's the beef?

Subject: RE: LinuxWorld Show...where's the beef?
From: "Char James-Tanny" <CharJT -at- helpstuff -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 15:01:43 -0500

> Does that mean you don't know the answer to my question?
>
> If the answer is, "There is no such problem, Reuters is in
> error," just say
> so.

I'm not even sure the journalist who wrote the article knows the answer to
the question.

Red Hat Linux includes Open Office as what I guess you could consider the
"default" word processor. It also includes several text editors, but we
don't typically consider those the same thing.

OO uses Ctrl-C, Ctrl-X, and Ctrl-V, just like we're used to. So I'm not sure
what he's talking about there. Without actually knowing "what" word
processor, I don't think anyone knows.

However, Linux includes a feature where you can highlight text and then use
the middle button on the mouse to paste. It's used a lot in the command
line. When I first started using Red Hat several months ago, I couldn't
figure out how to copy and paste in XChat...I kept trying to use Ctrl-C,
etc. ;-) Then I was told about highlight-middle-click and now I'm so used to
it that I sometimes wish I had it in Windows.

Char James-Tanny ~ JTF Associates, Inc. ~ http://www.helpstuff.com
2004 Microsoft Help MVP ~ MSHelpWiki http://www.mshelpwiki.com
AuthorIT Certified Consultant ~ AuthorIT Development and Training
RoboGURU: RoboHelp Consulting, Development, and Training
Moderator, HATT and MSHelp2
Web site Hosting and Design ~ http://www.jtfhosting.com