Re: Samples: hard copy or CD or...?

Subject: Re: Samples: hard copy or CD or...?
From: Isaac Rabinovitch <isaacr -at- mailsnare -dot- net>
To: techwr-l
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 18:28:02 -0800

DaveC wrote:

What is the format used today for writing samples?

All the samples I have are hard copy, so I can't put files on CD. Are writers scanning hard copy into PDF if they don't have files? Or just carry them in if/when an interview is arranged?

Thanks,
Dave

In my previous post, I neglected to answer one of your central questions: should you burn samples onto a CD? I never have. You want to get the samples to people quickly, and you want to make them easy to access. That argues for sending them as email attachments. Or, if your samples are to big for email (?!) you can put them on a web site for people to download. Given the fast interview-hire cycles we seem to have these days, you can't wait for a CD to arrive in the mail.