Re: Samples: hard copy or CD or...?

Subject: Re: Samples: hard copy or CD or...?
From: robbie -at- urbangrounds -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 08:07:35 -0700

I would second the suggestion that you create electronic copies of any
hard-copy documents that you want to include in your portfolio.

I created three page website...the first page is a gerricized 'cover
letter', the second page is my Resume (with links for printable text, PDF,
and Word versions), the third page is my portfolio. This page contains a
list of the documents I decided to include in my portfolio, a brief
description of each document (time to create, tools used, required tech.
skills, etc.) and a link to the document.

Most of my hardcopy docs are in PDF format.

An added benefit of using my Web site for my portfolio is that I can
provide some samples that do not translate well to hard-copy (Online Help
Systems, API documentation created with JavaDoc, etc.)

The URL for my site is listed on my busniness cards and resume.

You can password protect your samples/site if you feel the need.

Having my portfolio online allows me to give the HR Manager, the Hiring
Manager, or any other prospective employer instant access to my portfolio
when the request it, and enables them to view it at their leisure.