Re: WinHelp to HTML, RH for FM questions

Subject: Re: WinHelp to HTML, RH for FM questions
From: Al Geist <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 08:10:46 -0800

If you are using RoboHelp X4, why can't you import the WinHelp into WebHelp. I've used RoboHelp X3 and it allowed users to import help applications of various flavors and then output them in various flavors-WebHelp, JavaHelp, OracleHelp, Microsoft HTML Help, etc. I haven't used X4, so it may be different. WebHelp is a cross platform browser based help that is HTML based and can be edited using most HTML editors. The only problem you will have is trying to find answers to problems when using RoboHelp...it's own help application is notoriously bad and the documentation is worse. AND, don't get me talking about calling the company for assistance.

Al

Kristy Astry wrote:

Listers,

We have the opportunity to take our documentation from RoboHelp
x4-generated WinHelp to some form of HTML (not sure yet whether we're going
w/.chm or WebHelp), and I would like to hear about your experiences doing a
similar conversion.

--

Al Geist, Geist Associates
From Concept to Completion