RE: New Thread: Other Skills

Subject: RE: New Thread: Other Skills
From: "Bill Swallow" <wswallow -at- nycap -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: "'Isaac Rabinovitch'" <isaacr -at- mailsnare -dot- net>, "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 00:03:18 -0500

Well, aside from technical writing abilities, tech writing tools abilities,
and general technology know-how? I consider those to be staples.

Interpersonal communication
Persuasion and debate
Coaching and mentoring
Problem solving and analysis
Many more "soft skills"

I acquired them over time, part by formal education (communications degree),
part by observing others and noting cause/effect for the bad and good
outcomes, and part from personal experience.

Bill Swallow
wswallow "at" nycap "dot" rr "dot" com