RE: So you wanna be a tech writer, huh? Here's yer personality test ...

Subject: RE: So you wanna be a tech writer, huh? Here's yer personality test ...
From: "Bill Swallow" <wswallow -at- nycap -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: "'Dick Margulis'" <margulis -at- fiam -dot- net>, "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 00:18:36 -0500

Am I the only one who was looking for "d. Other..."?

::: 1. A deadline is

An agreed-upon date by which your documentation should have been written,
reviewed, edited, and finalized (and possibly published and waiting for
shipment). A deadline is also the finish line in a succession of measured
milestones.

::: 2. A misplaced modifier is

OK, so I chose from the three...
c. A grammatical error you haven't made since third grade

::: 3. The expression, "Word!" means

The expression "Word!" is a dirty 4-letter you-know-what! ;)

::: 4. Single-sourcing means
::: c. Something everyone I know talks about but hardly anyone does

Obviously you don't know the right people. ;)

Single-sourcing has no meaning until you do it right, and then it's
indescribable. :)

::: 5. My favorite way to express myself is

Not in my technical writing deliverables. :)

Bill Swallow
wswallow "at" nycap "dot" rr "dot" com