Re: getting started with OOo

Subject: Re: getting started with OOo
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 16:17:19 -0800

> > I poked around the archives, have read Bruce's articles, and poked around
> the OO.org site. But haven't found a very clear answer to this question.
> >
> > I want to start using OOo. I've got the install file, the install guide,
> and some templates that looked interesting/useful. Is there anything else I
> should get or that any of you have found useful? I've never used OOo before,
> but I'm pretty good with MS Office.

I'll cast modesty to the winds and make another suggestion. It's far too late,
after all, to create a good impression on anyone here.

I just learned today that the next issue of Linux Journal will be carrying my
article, "11 Tips for Switching from MS Office to OpenOffice.org." I think it
makes all of the points I'd want to give a new OOo user.

--
Bruce Byfield bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com 604-421.7177