Re: Texas Tech U/ tech writer experience....

Subject: Re: Texas Tech U/ tech writer experience....
From: "tom -dot- green -at- iwon -dot- com" <tom -dot- green -at- iwon -dot- com>
To: isaacr -at- mailsnare -dot- net, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 14:02:39 -0500 (EST)

>>Plus, some organizations (particularly civil service) *require* that people with advanced degrees be given a higher classification.<<

Overall Isaac, you are right and I only wish it could be so in all fields. My degree got me hired in more than one instance but, in my last job (which I gladly left) it was only a conversation piece. The person that was supposed to be the documentation "expert" didn't even have a high school diploma and one of my co-workers had never heard of Technical Writing but applied and was hired. They are all slowly being replaced by Indian-based on-site workers now so I guess it is a mute point.