Re: Texas Tech U/ tech writer experience....

Subject: Re: Texas Tech U/ tech writer experience....
From: Isaac Rabinovitch <isaacr -at- mailsnare -dot- net>
To: techwr-l
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 11:25:16 -0800

Rachael Lininger wrote:

Agreed. But the person who wrote originally already has two 4-year
degrees -- including one in English -- and is talking about a graduate degree. That's where I am, as the difference between a double major
and two degrees isn't that significant to HR. My current crackpot theory on the job market is that there should be a balance between education and experience that's appropriate for the field.

Not so crackpot, and I agree that the original poster should probably be thinking more in terms of gaining techncial expertise and experience than in accumulating more degrees. But I still think you're wrong about the value of a Master's. A double batchelor's is just a little extra work at the undergrad level, whereas a grad degree is a *lot* of extra work at a whole new level. That makes a lot of difference, and not just to HR.