Re: Multiple undo (was Re: Microsoft Documentation)

Subject: Re: Multiple undo (was Re: Microsoft Documentation)
From: Dick Margulis <margulis -at- fiam -dot- net>
To: Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 13:30:03 -0500

Gene Kim-Eng wrote:

If that's the case, it's an indication of a lack of competence in
both programs' designers.

That's harsh, Gene. The designers were on the bleeding edge of the technology of their respective days. They were hardly incompetent.

The fact that these programs are not rebuilt using modern programming techniques is something I addressed in my previous post. You're right about their being repainted 1985 cars, unsuited to the purpose of your single sourcing project, but that's a natural consequence of their age, nothing more.