Re: Multiple undo (was Re: Microsoft Documentation)

Subject: Re: Multiple undo (was Re: Microsoft Documentation)
From: k k <turnleftatnowhere -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 21:47:02 -0800 (PST)

--- Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com> wrote:

> If that's the case, it's an indication of a lack of
> competence in
> both programs' designers. There are many, many
> applications
> that manage to accomplish this with much larger
> memory loads
> than either Frame or Word.

I think "if" is the operative word here. I believe the
memory management is the problem, but not being a
programmer I can't say with certainty.

Although both programs are serious memory hogs, I
think it's not a simple question of amount of memory
required, but of the processes used to manage the
memory. I can't imagine it being nothing but amount of
RAM because my system has 512 MB and I'm still seeing
the same kinds of Word instabilities I did when I had
64 MB. If AutoCAD can track everything under the sun
with no problems, I'd like to know how its tracking
procedures differ from Word or FM.

http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/