Re: How to Resize GIFs

Subject: Re: How to Resize GIFs
From: "Simon North" <Simon -dot- North -at- quintiq -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 16:35:11 +0100

Ellen,

One way I found that works is to blur the GIF first and then resize it.

I use Paintshop Pro, and simply apply a standard blur. You can
experiment with the various types, as the results depend on what kind of
resizing you are considering. With a standard blur, a reduction by 75%
is quite reasonable; 50% is pushing it, but still fairly acceptable
provided that you accept that resizing alone will introduce some loss of
detail.

Hope this helps,

Simon.

Simon North
Technical Writer
Quintiq Application Software BV
_________________________________
Goudsbloemvallei 12-28
5237 MJ 's HERTOGENBOSCH
P.O. BOX 264
5201 AG 's HERTOGENBOSCH
The Netherlands
Tel: +31(0)73 691 07 39
Fax: +31(0)73 691 07 54
www.quintiq.com
simon -dot- north -at- quintiq -dot- com