Re: Documentation and Bug Reports (a different view)

Subject: Re: Documentation and Bug Reports (a different view)
From: "Gururaj B S" <gururaj_bs -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 20:48:49 +0530

John Posada asked:

>>...my question...anyone else doing this as a routine part of documentation
updating, review, or development?

<<Gururaj
Yes, I'm doing this, too. We have a separate mailing list for discussing
about technical documentation, and people post their queries if they are
unable to find a suitable solution to their problem. Our customers,
including the internal audience, write about their problems occasioned by
documentation. Sometimes, they also write about various other aspects of the
product like design, configuration procedure, and troubleshooting/debugging
techniques. If our documents address such problems, they will not make
hallucinating calls or post queries to the list, right? It is also included
in our job objectives now. Do we have a choice? No, we don't.

Cheers
Gururaj