Re: RoboHelp for Framemaker--Output acceptable to VisualWORKS?

Subject: Re: RoboHelp for Framemaker--Output acceptable to VisualWORKS?
From: David Knopf <david -at- knopf -dot- com>
To: d-weir -at- adventact -dot- com
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 15:21:07 -0800

d-weir -at- adventact -dot- com wrote:

We are considering (behind the times, I know) purchasing a real online
help authoring package. We use framemaker for documentation and
VisualWorks for software development. I know that VW will accept XML, but
Robohelp for FM does not output XML. Does anyone know if VW will accept
one of the other RH outputs?

If you need XML, you can produce XML output directly from FrameMaker; you do not need to purchase a HAT. You can also produce XML with WebWorks Publisher (www.webworks.com).

Regards,

--

*David Knopf ~ Knopf Online ~ San Francisco*
mailto:david -at- knopf -dot- com ~ http://www.knopf.com

Consulting & Training for Technical Communicators
RoboHelp ~ FrameMaker ~ WebWorks ~ Structured Authoring ~ XML
WebWorks Publisher Certified ~ Adobe Certified Expert: FrameMaker
Member, JavaHelp 2.0 Expert Group
Moderator, HATT, wwp-users & Techshoret