Re: resizing gifs

Subject: Re: resizing gifs
From: Dick Margulis <margulis -at- fiam -dot- net>
To: Elizabeth O'Shea <elizabeth -dot- oshea -at- virtualaccess -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 07:22:24 -0500

Elizabeth O'Shea wrote:

I'm sure this is simple, but my archive and Internet search have been
fruitless.

We have a gif that's 1668 x 545 pixels. We also have the psd of this
file. I've been asked to resize it to about 330 x 108 pixels. The
resultilng quality is horrible. I have:

- changed the image size of the gif in Photoshop and saved it as a gif
- changed the image size of the gif in Photoshop and used the Save for
Web option to save it as a gif
- changed the image size of the pds in Photoshop an used the SAve for
Web option to save it as a gif
- opened the gif in Illustrator, saved it as ai, resized it, and saved
it for web.

They all produce horrible quality. Is there any way I can resize this
image and retain a modicum of quality?

Elizabeth,

Open the PSD. Change the color mode from Indexed to RGB color. Change the image size. Save As GIF. Discard the changes to the PSD file (close without saving, in other words).

HTH,

Dick

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses at mail.fiam.net]