EM or EN usage <NIGHTMARE> !

Subject: EM or EN usage <NIGHTMARE> !
From: dan -dot- gallagher -at- pulsartech -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 09:44:43 -0500

Hi folks,

Thoughts regarding these big hyphens.

A year ago I switched from a life of using a PC to using a Macintosh (more
Quark ext. available for Macs). I love the Mac now. Anyway, when I
transported all my pc created files over to the Mac, each and every EM dash
turned into an enyay (Spanish n with a tilde over it). At first I didn't
know what caused this. It's a major pain in the butt. I am still being
plaqued by them to this day, a year later. Apparently different keystrokes
are used on each computer to create these nasty hyphens. I had to change
all of them in hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of pages of
docunentation, graphic files and tables.

As I said already, I'm still being plaqued by them today.

Thanks for the great info.
Dan--Ft. Lauderdale