Re: GoLive vs. Dreamweaver

Subject: Re: GoLive vs. Dreamweaver
From: Shankar <ss_rajanala -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: David Neeley <dbneeley -at- oddpost -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 23:39:43 -0800 (PST)

--- David Neeley <dbneeley -at- oddpost -dot- com> wrote:

> Hi, Chris!
>
> Personally, I would shy away from GoLive
> because Adobe has become rather fickle about
> supporting products that don't meet their sales
> targets. For example, their Flash competitor
> LiveMotion is no more (although I rather liked
> it).

Yeah, once you get used to the (deliberately?)
different interface (spellchecker under Text menu
nd format under windows come to mind),
dreamweaver has a lot of appeal.

however, be warned, it does something to paths (I
could never figure out what). Turns relative
paths to absolute paths, I guess), so watch it.

Upside: it has this cute feature that gets rid of
Ms word (junk) htm tags :-)

=====
blessed indeed are the meek
for they shall inherit the earth