RE: Editing .pdfs - Continued

Subject: RE: Editing .pdfs - Continued
From: "Bill Swallow" <wswallow -at- nycap -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: "'HSC Italian'" <twins398 -at- hotmail -dot- com>, "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 03:21:27 -0500

Is that what your company's Editor job description says: "The editor's job
is to focus Primarily on the content of the document and make sure writers
are adhering to the style guide, period!"?

If so, you have a case. If not, you're picking nits.

Why do you want this control over the manipulation of link boxes???

Why do you NEED to edit the link boxes in the first place???

It seems to me that you are getting into turf wars here. You will not
resolve them until your company adopts very specific job descriptions. Until
then you'll just be bringing workplace tension to a boil, which you don't
want.

I'm still curious as to why you are reacting to the editor making these link
box resizing changes... If it were me, my reaction would be "Oh, YOU want to
dick around with this crap? Go right ahead! I have better things to do with
my time!"

Bill Swallow
wswallow "at" nycap "dot" rr "dot" com