RE: Industry Standards Resource

Subject: RE: Industry Standards Resource
From: "John Posada" <JPosada -at- isogon -dot- com>
To: "HSC Italian" <twins398 -at- hotmail -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 11:50:45 -0500

>One more question, a new writer in our
>group (a former Motorola employee) insists
>that Motorola is the trendsetter for tech
>writing industry standards. Am I missing
>something or is this malarkey?

Who?

I've been doing this for 12+ years and this is the first time I've seen
the word Motorola and tech-writing in the same paragraph.

Don't get me wrong...I'm sure there are some excellent writers at Moto.
However, I know of one excellent writer at Isogon.com and nobody has
ever called us...er, them a trendsetter.

>Other than the MS Manual of Style of
>Technical Publication, can anyone
>recommend other resources for tech
>writing industry standards?

I like the one published by Sun "Read me First, A Style Guide for the
Computer Industry"

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Isogon Corporation