RE: FONT STANDARDS

Subject: RE: FONT STANDARDS
From: "Bill Swallow" <wswallow -at- nycap -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 10:38:37 -0500

What you describe is very close to the "Microsoft standard", which is:

"On the File menu, point to New and then click Task."

What is lacking from your example as opposed to MS is context, with a slight
confusion of order.

I used to be a big fan of "File > New > Task" and I still use it as
"shorthand notation", but I've pretty much adopted the MS convention for
delivered documentation. It's wordier but it's more accurate and easier to
understand.

FWIW...

Bill Swallow
wswallow "at" nycap "dot" rr "dot" com