RE: Queries on Single Sourcing

Subject: RE: Queries on Single Sourcing
From: "HALL Bill" <bill -dot- hall -at- tenix -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 09:51:07 +1100 (EDT)

MailingList asked for examples of single sourcing.

We have been doing this to some degree since 2000. I've published some
papers on our experiences. Following are some of the things available on
the Web:

Writing and Managing Maintenance Procedures for a Class of Warships: A
Case for Structured Authoring and Content Management. May 2001 issue of
Technical Communication, the professional journal of the Society for
Technical Communication. -http://www.tenix.com/PDFLibrary/91.pdf.

Hall, W.P., Jones, M., Zhou, M., Anticev, J., Zheng, J., Mo, J. & Nemes
L. (2002). Document-based Knowledge Management in Global Engineering and
Manufacturing Projects. Proceedings of the Globemen Plenary Meeting No.
6. 8-13 December 2002, Helsinki, Finland. -
http://cic.vtt.fi/projects/globemen/book/21_hall.pdf

Working Towards Biologically Based Theories of Organization and
Knowledge to Understand How Organizations Work Best. Joint Lunchtime
Seminar, 08/09/03, Rutherford House, Wellington. New Zealand Knowledge
Management Network and Government Information Systems Forum. -
http://www.nzkm.net/assets/NZKMNetGovis(1).pdf/

Regards,

Bill Hall

Documentation Systems Analyst
Head Office, Engineering
Tenix Defense
Williamstown, Vic. 3016
Phone: 03 9244 4820
Email:bill -dot- hall -at- tenix -dot- com

Honorary Research Fellow
Knowledge Management Lab
School of Information Management & Systems
Monash University
Caulfield East, Vic. 3145
Phone: 03 9903 1883
Email: william -dot- hall -at- infotech -dot- monash -dot- edu -dot- au