RE: Where does Documentation belong?

Subject: RE: Where does Documentation belong?
To: 'Isaac Rabinovitch' <isaacr -at- mailsnare -dot- net>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 10:36:23 -0500

Isaac Rabinovitch [mailto:isaacr -at- mailsnare -dot- net] blithely admitted:

> >>Yes, that's a common perception of documentation. But some of
> >>us have this whimsical
> >>notion that we write stuff people actually read.

> > There's medication available to help with that sort of thing.

> You mean medication to control my sense of irony, or
> medication to control my need to
> think that my work is useful? Either way, I can't believe the
> FDA has approved the level of mind control!

See? It's working already.

One more dose, and you'll go from "can't believe" to "can't care".

<g>

TW tie-in? If you can't be pragmatic about the likely fate
of your documents, then medicate yourself into detachment so
that you can keep churning it out and getting a paycheck.

/kevin

--
An optimist constantly suffers nasty surprises.
A pessimist constantly experiences pleasant surprises.