RE: Speed menu vs shortcut menu

Subject: RE: Speed menu vs shortcut menu
From: "Humphries, Ola" <Ola -dot- Humphries -at- energy -dot- sungard -dot- com>
To: 'TECHWR-L' <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 08:01:18 -0600

>>I've just come across a term in some training that I'm not familiar
with=20
and want to check if it's one that's common in the industry (or in the=20
industry in the US). The training's in Business Objects and they refer to=
'speed menus'. This is for the menu you get when you right click on a=20
screen. Normally I'd call that a shortcut menu.<<

We've been calling this a "right-click menu," which to my mind, seems
user-friendly, as it explains what to do to open the menu. These items are
no more speedy or shortcutty than just selecting from the menu bar or
clicking a toolbar button, so "right-click" seems a good choice.
However, it may be that no one else does this.

Ola

SunGard Energy Systems
Houston location