RE: GoLive vs. Dreamweaver

Subject: RE: GoLive vs. Dreamweaver
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 13:32:15 -0500

I should clarify -- with respect to my question about why
some people profess to prefer using DW or other web-makin'
tools, versus the built in RoboHelp WYSIWYG, for creating
WebHelp -- I have only one-and-a-half project's experience
with WebHelp, minimal web-site-creation experience, and no
interaction with other bodies of vast experience. I'm
basically self-taught from the RoboHelp Help, for what
that's worth.

So, when I'm wondering why the perceived preference, it's
from the perspective of somebody who doesn't even know
nine-tenths of what is doable/often-done in the realm of
Help. It may not be so much that I don't understand why
it would be preferrable to use another tool to do what I'm
doing. Rather it might be that I don't realize all the OTHER
neat stuff that can be done, and that more knowledgeable
people do as a matter of course, and that might be better
done in another tool (still in the realm of Help).

In other words, I don't even know what it is that I don't
know.

Clear as mud, right?

/kevin