RE: Re: Documentation and Bug Reports

Subject: RE: Re: Documentation and Bug Reports
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: JPosada -at- isogon -dot- com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: 18 Feb 2004 18:46:58 GMT

Yes, right up until the last company I worked with. When
I first came aboard, management was screaming about
the high cost of customer support and wanted documentation
to do a better job of addressing the topics customers
most commonly called about. It was only when I asked to
see the logs of customer calls that they discovered that
their call center system wasn't capable of sorting logs
by subject even though it had a "Subject:" field the
support people were dutifully filling in for every call
and nobody had the slightest idea what the most common
call subjects were. Looking back, it should have been
an immediate red flag about the place...

Gene Kim-Eng